VA mortgage loans are designed to help our nation’s veterans purchase a home or refinance their existing mortgage. Veterans with qualifying credit and income can purchase a home with no money down, no private mortgage insurance, and competitive interest rates. To qualify for a VA loan, a veteran must have served 181 days during peacetime, 90 days during war time, or 6 years in the Reserves or National Guard. Spouses of veterans may also qualify under specific circumstances.
VA REFINANCING OPTIONS – IRRRL
Under the VA guaranteed mortgage loan program, eligible veterans may refinance their existing mortgage with an Interest Rate Reduction Loan (IRRRL). IRRRL’s, or VA Streamline Refinance Loans, help veterans refinance their current mortgage interest rate to a lower rate.
Features & Requirements of the IRRRL:
- Closing costs can be rolled into cost of loan
- Lender may allow reduced closing costs in exchange for higher interest rate
- Veterans must be current on mortgage with no more than one 30-day late payment in the last year
- You cannot receive any cash back from an IRRRL
- You must certify that you have previously occupied the property
- You must have financed the original mortgage using your VA Loan eligibility
VA CASH-OUT REFINANCE LOAN
This loan allows eligible veterans to refinance their conventional or VA loan into a lower rate while also taking cash from the home’s value. Just like the VA Streamline Refinance, the home must be the principal residence of the owner.
Inlanta Mortgage offers Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac agency products, as well as a full suite of jumbo and portfolio programs. The company is fully delegated HUD-FHA including FHA 203K, VA, and USDA approved. Inlanta Mortgage also offers numerous state bond programs. Review Inlanta’s mortgage loan programs here.
Inlanta Mortgage is a multi-state mortgage banker based out of Brookfield, Wisconsin. NMLS# 1016.
VA Loan programs are subject to change and dependent upon credit approval.